Sunday 11 February 2018

Dark star

As regular visitors here will know, I also use this blog as an archive for my 'other' hobby - photography, especially portraiture. I'm fortunate to have a group of friends who are willing 'victims' (or, as I prefer to call them, 'subjects'), and I find collaborating with them a constant source of inspiration. My friend Al is also a keen camera-wielder (her street photography is, in my view, breathtakingly sharp) and always brings ideas and art-direction nous to the enterprise.

After taking some eerie, slightly surreal outdoor shots in the past, we wanted to see if we could push the atmosphere further with the barest minimum of visual clutter. So here, we used an expanse of off-white wall, a largely black wardrobe, a few props, a lot of hair and a veritable frenzy of filters to see what we could come up with. I hope you enjoy the portraits.


  













1 comment: